What's new

How do I separate data from synced phones.?? Dont delete Moms contacts...

Wingryder

Reaction score
Ok I am new and a real newbie on Iphones in general but... My Daughter bought a new 6 and synced it with her old 5 phone to load some 800 phone numbers in the new phone. She then gave the old 5 phone to my granddaughter and said have fun but don't you dare delete my contacts. Granddaughter is enjoying the phone but would sure like to get rid of mom's contacts. Both of these phones were set up using mom's iTunes account as they were both her phones. Mom's phone is on Verizon and daughters is on Tracphone.
(cant think that would matter)

Can the granddaughter delete these contacts on her phone without disturbing Moms Iphone 6??
Thanks so much
wingryder (grandpa)

If her mother removes the iPhone 5 from her iCloud account and makes sure to turn off Find My iPhone the iPhone can be erased and restored to factory condition without affecting the new iPhone 6.

If her mother removes the iPhone 5 from her iCloud account and makes sure to turn off Find My iPhone the iPhone can be erased and restored to factory condition without affecting the new iPhone 6.
Thanks scifan57.. trouble is... daughter has had the phone for two months and has lots of her own music on it. Is there a way to just remove the phone numbers?

In that case, you'll have to delete them one at a time by using the edit function in the contacts app.

BTW, is her music purchased from iTunes? If so, she can wipe the phone and re-download her music from her purchased list if she does it through iTunes on her computer it's a lot faster.

Last edited:
In that case, you'll have to delete them one at a time by using the edit function in the contacts app.

BTW, is her music purchased from iTunes? If so, she can wipe the phone and re-download her music from her purchased list if she does it through iTunes on her computer it's a lot faster.
Ok I will pass along your instructions
thank you very much

Last edited by a moderator:
Let us know how it works out.

Ok I will pass along your instructions
thank you very much
Just to be on the safe side, tell her to back up the iPhone. This will preserve things in case something goes wrong.

Last edited: