What's new

How do i Remove themes wallpaper

mach1man

Reaction score
So I downloaded a new theme and I want to use my wallpaper. I have it set up to where the theme is at the bottom of my active winter board list. Can I just use iFile and delete the wallpaper?

Bring your wallpaper image into the theme and rename it to what the wallpaper that is there name.

Example. Wallpaper.png= what came with the theme. Grab your image from the camera roll "saving it there of course" var/mobile/Media/DCIM. Copy that image and paste it in the theme where the original wallpaper is. Delete the original and rename the new one to the exact one you just deleted. Respring.

Ok cool. What would happen if I didn't rename it. Say I just delete the wallpaper image, will it revert back to my wallpaper I set through the phone.

This helps as I had a similar question. My problem is that the image I want is not on the camera roll but in a different folder in the photos app. Problem is I can't find the folder in iFile. Any suggestions?

Don't have to. In Winterboard, prioritize the User Wallpaper. That way, it'll implement User Wallpaper and will override the theme's wallpaper. Or you can just take out the wallpaper from the theme by rooting/SSH-ing/iFile.

I have user wallpaper set and above the theme in winter board but it still reverts to the themes wallpaper.

But I can just delete the themes wallpaper out by using iFile and I'll be ok?

When I have a nice photo in jpg or whatever. I take a screenshot of it. It will then be placed in your camera roll.

You can delete the wallpaper.png from the theme. I just replace that wallpaper.png with a picture of my liking. I would have like 4 pictures named wallpaper1.png and so on. Then I can just remove the number and switch images.

But why go and do all of that when you can just set the wallpaper from your phone?

If you want to set the wallpaper from your phone, just delete the wallpaper that is included in the theme. However, some HTML lockscreens require you to manually replace the wallpaper in the theme folder because the theme is configured to pull the wallpaper from the folder and not from the system settings.