What's new

How can i block someone from calling me on my iphone

USCGmex

Reaction score
How How can i block someone from calling me on my iphone? Plz help me

This is an ongoing question, and a good one. The simple answer is, you can't. Sorry.

You can assign ringtones to specified callers to distinguish them, and perhaps assign a "silent" tone to the ones you want to block, but I don't believe you can actually "prevent" the call from taking place.

USCGmex said:

If you're running a stock iPhone you wouldn't be able to. If you're jailbroken you can download iblacklist from Cydia

Verizon wireless also has a call block option from their website. You have to log into your account and navigate to call block list.

iPhone 4 16Gb 4.2.8 (jbme 3.0)

Ok thanks you all for your advice

darkstar2007 said:
Verizon wireless also has a call block option from their website. You have to log into your account and navigate to call block list.

iPhone 4 16Gb 4.2.8 (jbme 3.0)

Hey thanks for that info. Didn't know that..you're welcome USCG

Last edited:
on my iphone there is an app called iBlackList which blocks several people I can't stand. It can either drop the call, or don't pick up, or do busy tone. Mine also sends them back an SMS which states that the number they calling has been disabled, and I have a new number now, which of course is one of those rejection hotlines.

Jailbreak your phone, and install iBlackList.

on my iphone there is an app called iBlackList which blocks several people I can't stand. It can either drop the call, or don't pick up, or do busy tone. Mine also sends them back an SMS which states that the number they calling has been disabled, and I have a new number now, which of course is one of those rejection hotlines.

Jailbreak your phone, and install iBlackList.

thats the app i suggested