What's new

Home button replacement on 5s

nicozuna

Reaction score
Hey all,

I was wondering if the 5s home button/fingerprint scanner can be replaced. Mine sorta feels like its loose at times. I think I may have a little piece of sand or some kinda of debris that makes it feel loose at times. I know it won't fall out or anything like that but it's just something I was wonder that if it does become a problem I can get it fixed.

Thanks for all the info

Hey all,

I was wondering if the 5s home button/fingerprint scanner can be replaced. Mine sorta feels like its loose at times. I think I may have a little piece of sand or some kinda of debris that makes it feel loose at times. I know it won't fall out or anything like that but it's just something I was wonder that if it does become a problem I can get it fixed.

Thanks for all the info
The iPhone 5S home button is significantly harder to replace because of the Touch ID function. Since your iPhone 5S is still under warranty, the first thing you should do is have it checked out at an Apple Store before attempting anything yourself or having a non Apple certified repair shop do the job. If the issue is hardware related, it should be covered under the standard warranty.

Last edited: