What's new

iPhone 5s just died

angeliq

Reaction score
My 5s just died this morning (black screen dead... won't power on.. dead like can be) ... after about 10 minutes it came on again, but my reminders were blackout in total... I then reset it (power button and home button simultaneously) and it was then ok. What could this be? Battery was at 40% (still on now at 34%).. Phone now back to normal and working again.

If an iPhone gets too hot or too cold it can automatically shut down like you describe. Were you operating your iPhone where it was cold or hot?

If an iPhone gets too hot or too cold it can automatically shut down like you describe. Were you operating your iPhone where it was cold or hot?
No not at all. I couldn't feel any heat. But I'll check next time. It was in my office where always. When I pick it up I call a client and after the call the phone went dead. I put on the charger (thinking maybe something wrong with % meter) and after about 5 mins it came on. The % was 36 at that stage. And from then normal. I let it drown to 20%, recharge and it's fine now. I'll report here if it happens again. Maybe a ghost. Lol. The only thing that was abnormal was that the usage was very low. But when I put on the charger, it didn't show the charge icon. It was dead. And because it went down to 20%, I think it's nothing to do with the % meter. But I'll check.

No not at all. I couldn't feel any heat. But I'll check next time. It was in my office where always. When I pick it up I call a client and after the call the phone went dead. I put on the charger (thinking maybe something wrong with % meter) and after about 5 mins it came on. The % was 36 at that stage. And from then normal. I let it drown to 20%, recharge and it's fine now. I'll report here if it happens again. Maybe a ghost. Lol. The only thing that was abnormal was that the usage was very low. But when I put on the charger, it didn't show the charge icon. It was dead. And because it went down to 20%, I think it's nothing to do with the % meter. But I'll check.
If you continue to have problems take it to an Apple store and let them check it, Take advantage of your warranty period.

If you continue to have problems take it to an Apple store and let them check it, Take advantage of your warranty period.
I will definitely. I like the phone. Everything switched on and my battery about 10% to 12% per hour. My wife's 5 only necessary things on about 2% per hour more. And touch ID works 100%. Thank you very much. I appreciate.

I live in canada and right now it's -35 outside my iphone 5 just dies as soon as I'm outside. Just don't think iPhones baterry is built for cold weather

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk