What's new

Hobbies and Interests

After seeing some of your restoration work, I wish I had your creativity and attention to detail. I would enjoy seeing some pics of this new project.. even if it's just before and after pics. I've never seen an antique thimble.
Here you go, I had some little steps cut from offcuts of wood and I covered them with red victorian velvet, It should hold 9-12 thimbles.
I have put three of my favourite antique thimbles in there.
IMG_0131.JPG
IMG_0132.JPG
There's another shelf above them, In time I hope to fill it.
IMG_0136.JPG

Here you go, I had some little steps cut from offcuts of wood and I covered them with red victorian velvet, It should hold 9-12 thimbles.
I have put three of my favourite antique thimbles in there.View attachment 22025 View attachment 22026 There's another shelf above them, In time I hope to fill it.
View attachment 22027
Quite a nice project and beautiful display case. That red velvet goes well with wood. Wowsers, even antique thimbles have intricate craftsmanship that isn't seen much anymore. Thank you for the pics, it's always nice to see older items restored.

Quite a nice project and beautiful display case. That red velvet goes well with wood. Wowsers, even antique thimbles have intricate craftsmanship that isn't seen much anymore. Thank you for the pics, it's always nice to see older items restored.
Glad you enjoyed seeing it.
Yes antique thimbles are little works of art, They are gold ones so I only get one every so often, Birthdays, Christmas ect.

The case once held a little clock, I think it was a travelling clock.

I have put three of my favourite antique thimbles in there.View attachment 22025 View attachment 22026 There's another shelf above them, In time I hope to fill it.
View attachment 22027

Glad you enjoyed seeing it.
Yes antique thimbles are little works of art, They are gold ones so I only get one every so often, Birthdays, Christmas ect.

The case once held a little clock, I think it was a travelling clock.
A wonderful re-use of an antique case to display your thimbles.:) Now all you need is a gold sewing set.

A wonderful re-use of an antique case to display your thimbles.:) Now all you need is a gold sewing set.
That would be nice Sci, I see them but they are very expensive, One day though.