What's new

Hi to you all

chrise472001

Reaction score
Hope someone can help! I have been given an iphone 3gs which has previously had jailbreak (i think!!) to enable me to use
my current provider. I cannot make my iphone discoverable to my mac so unable to Bluetooth. I also seem to have a problem trying
to go to a App site. Each time I enter an address my iphone is telling safari cant connect as invalid address?? Can some one help please. The iphone is not much good to me without being able to carry out these functions and will mean I have to go back to my HTC WildfireS which I have to be honest has been great.

Hello and welcome to the forum.......make sure the internet is hooked up by your carrier.

G'day and welcome to the forum!!! :)

Hello and welcome to the iPhone Forums!
Make sure that the carrier is allowing iPhone 3G connection. You may need to register the iPhone to which ever carrier you're with. They will then reset the network for you. Or you could go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

If you still run into problems, let us know.
Cheers,

Many thanks for your reply. Tried the reset route and the iphone has frozen with the apple logo should have checked with my provider first! Regardless of what I do is this some restriction in the iphone by apple to prevent jailbroken units being used etc?? since original post have rebooted my iphone and checked my settings with my provider. They have confirmed its ok but still unable to make the iphone discoverable with my mac - is it because it has been chipped?

Last edited: