What's new

Hi there!

texis

Reaction score
Hello there,

I'v just registered to this forum to see if i can learn more about iPhone hacking :).

I crashed a friend's iPhone 3GS and now i'm struggling to fix it.

Hope i can get some answers from you guys.

G'day and welcome to the forum!!! :)

Welcome to the forum texis, I how you enjoy the community.

welcome to the forum! Don't panic because even though it may look bad and you might think you have done serious damage pretty much everything can be fixed with a dfu+ restore.

Before you attempt this please tell us what you have done for the device to "crash" and hopefully we can advise you how to fix it with out doing a restore but if there is no other option then ..

Try this : iClarified - iPhone - How to Put an iPhone Into DFU Mode then plug into itunes and you should be able to fix the device unless you spilt water on it or damaged it..

Unleashed said:
welcome to the forum! Don't panic because even though it may look bad and you might think you have done serious damage pretty much everything can be fixed with a dfu+ restore.

Before you attempt this please tell us what you have done for the device to "crash" and hopefully we can advise you how to fix it with out doing a restore but if there is no other option then ..

Try this : iClarified - iPhone - How to Put an iPhone Into DFU Mode then plug into itunes and you should be able to fix the device unless you spilt water on it or damaged it..

+1....

Before you attempt this please tell us what you have done for the device to "crash"
Hi,

So, i used redsn0w 0.9.6rc16 to install cydia, and update baseband to iPad's 06.15.00, on a 4.3.3 ipsw.
Then i used redsn0w again to boot the iPhone using tethered option! Everything was working fine at this point, then i'v installed ultrasn0w 1.2.3 to unlock the sim and it worked just fine.
After using the iPhone for about half an hour it turned off (not sure why) and got stuck in DFU mode.

I cant use oficial IPSW cu's i'm on the iPad BB, and when using custom firmwares i get the iTunes error 28. Unless i use the iOS 3.2.1, this one actually seems to work but after the restore it get's stuck in DFU again!

At this point i'm pretty sure i have iOS 3.1.2 installed.

Last edited: