What's new

hi. is it safe to upgrade to ios6 from 5.1.1 when its jailbroken?

bumblegee

Reaction score
im scared to brick my iphone 4, i just click to download and install in my iphone 4.. i don't know if its ok.. because my friend says that i can't upgrade my iphone ios if its jailbroken.. what will i do if i brick my phone.. i'm just new in iphone.. and sorry for my bad english.. :)

You need to update it through iTunes if you are currently jailbroken. It won't brick your phone. But you won't be able to jailbreak it again after you update because there is no jailbreak available for iOS 6. I would recommend a restore and set up as new device in iTunes first so it's a clean install. It will update automatically if you do a restore.

ok tnx.. can i still cancel it.? and what do you prefer.? ios6 or 5.?

Yes you don't have to upgrade if you don't want to. I upgraded to iOS 6 about an hour ago and so far I like it a lot. My phone feels faster and doesn't lag as much as it did with 5.1.1. I don't really care about jailbreaking either which is why I updated so soon. If you want to keep your jailbreak then I would wait to update until there is a jailbreak for iOS 6. If you are like me and don't care about jailbreaking then I would update.

Yes you don't have to upgrade if you don't want to. I upgraded to iOS 6 about an hour ago and so far I like it a lot. My phone feels faster and doesn't lag as much as it did with 5.1.1. I don't really care about jailbreaking either which is why I updated so soon. If you want to keep your jailbreak then I would wait to update until there is a jailbreak for iOS 6. If you are like me and don't care about jailbreaking then I would update.

can i still put the games and apps that i downloaded in NAME OF PIRACY ENABLING SOFTWARE DELETED.?

MODERATOR EDIT: DO NOT USE THIS FORUM FOR SEEKING ADVICE ON THEFT. THE VERY MENTION OF THE PIRACY SOFTWARE IN YOUR POST IS FORBIDDEN ON THIS FORUM. WE DO NOT HELP THIEVES HERE.

Last edited by a moderator: