What's new

Hey guys I have offically joined the apple army

Well I must admit I am counting on the larger screen but it would take that plus a really awesome android device to derail me. And seeing how motorola keep making their high end phones almost worthless in a matter of months, samsung using cheap radios, and android oems allowing vzw to hijack the experience by filling it with bloatware, spyware, and rationing out updates, apple may be my choice by default. And I doubt android will do a total 180 in the right direction by time the 5 is out.
thats a good point you make,i paid £400 for my samsung and about 6mths later it was worth virtually nothing,Apple phones hold their price pretty well.

I too have swapped from android to apple just bc the android phones have became quite dull. Then razr looks cool but not a huge moto fan. Plus apple has a ton of accessories for the iphone and I'm a case-o-holic LOL. The iphone is great and I like the ios, it just works and is smooth. I too am looking at the 5 but if it doesn't have LTE then I'm out. I could deal with this size screen but only if it gets LTE.

Hey, PC. Welcome! Good to have you with us. Now that you have purchased your MBP the hook has been set. :)

I joined the apple army with a Mac book pro. Worth the money for sure.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

I joined the apple army with a Mac book pro. Worth the money for sure.

Welcome to the world of Mac! You will not regret this move PC!!!!! Good to have you with us.

Welcome to the world of Mac! You will not regret this move PC!!!!! Good to have you with us.

Good to see you around old friend.

It is good to see you as well, PC!!!!!

What device you have now?

I'm currently rocking the note 2 as my work phone and nexus 5 as my primary both on At&t.

What device you have now?

I'm currently rocking the note 2 as my work phone and nexus 5 as my primary both on At&t.

I have a 5 S which I jailbroke. A few days ago, I restored to stock because something I installed caused the device to go into safe mode after receiving an incoming phone call.

I'm sticking with my 2 year More Everything contract for my 4 phones. Edge has negatives.

I'm a long time customer of VZW (over 10 years). It would be helpful the the community if you could list the negatives you are aware of. Additionally, if other members are aware of any negatives please post for the benefit of the community.

Mike

I'm a long time customer of VZW (over 10 years). It would be helpful the the community if you could list the negatives you are aware of. Additionally, if other members are aware of any negatives please post for the benefit of the community. Mike
Although matching AT&T makes it look more attractive, you still end up paying a lot more for your phone, as opposed to the 2 yr subsidized More Everything plan where you can get a new 16 gb 5s for $199.99. I got a new 32 gb 5c free. With Edge, you end up paying the full price and then some. If you upgrade early, you have to trade in your smartphone to Verizon, which has always been the case with Edge. In addition, you also have to pay off 50 percent of their current phone's full retail price. The base iPhone 5S costs $650, so if you wanted to trade that phone in for the next Galaxy S smartphone, you would be on the hook for $325. Edge is not the smartest deal, but may be all some people can manage financially by making payments.

I'd rather do the 2 yr subsidized contract like I've been doing for several years. I liked getting that 32 gb 5c for my wife free.

Last edited:
I personally have att and I can say I am benefitting from the 2 gig plan. But we were using a lot of data and we did not have unlimited data. So if you are a data hog without unlimited data it may benefit you versus some one who barely use 2 gigs.