What's new

hey from illinois

tylersloan

Reaction score
hey guys my name is Tyler im 28 and live in Illinois . i came here looking for help on unlocking a new iphone 3g i have had a jailbroken and unlocked first gen iphone before and sold it .
i missed my iphone and almost bought another first gen because they have the steel back but i got a good deal on two 3g iphones from at&t one for me and the other for my girl .
my phones should arrive in 7 to 10 days i know i want to down grade the firm were to 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 but other than that i have no idea what program to use to jailbreak it .
im looking for the one that has the most custom aspects to it other than that i dont care as long as it works

Welcome,

So you've just bought two new 3G's? Not 3GS's...?

yes 3G's had no idea what the difference was until about 2 hours ago but i cant complain they were 50 bucks new each now im just waiting for them to arrive.
would have been sweet to get the 3GS's but at least i got my iphone itch fixed after 4 years of not owning one .

hello and welcome Tyler to the forum! the good thing about the 3g is that its pwned for life you can unlock and jailbreak every firmware released for it. just so you know apple wont be releasing another firmware for the iphone so you have up to 4.2.1 which is a good firmware and a very good price you got them at.. what network is it locked to?

well it works very well on 3.1.3... im not sure about the 4.XX firmwares though when i installed 4.0 on my old 3g it lagged badly.. so i dont know about 4.2.1 it might be worth just staying on 3.1.3 if you dont care as long as it works :)

Welcome from your neighboring State, Indiana. I am almost old enough to be your Grandpa and I am learning about all these great gadgets. We can learn at the same time.

Good luck,
bc

hello and welcome Tyler to the forum! the good thing about the 3g is that its pwned for life you can unlock and jailbreak every firmware released for it. just so you know apple wont be releasing another firmware for the iphone so you have up to 4.2.1 which is a good firmware and a very good price you got them at.. what network is it locked to?

well it works very well on 3.1.3... im not sure about the 4.XX firmwares though when i installed 4.0 on my old 3g it lagged badly.. so i dont know about 4.2.1 it might be worth just staying on 3.1.3 if you dont care as long as it works :)

its locked to at&t but i can change that if needed i figured in 2 years i will get the iphone 5 or a better version i had friends try to get me to buy the iphone 4 but they just dont seem to be the shape im use to lol yeah i know its silly .

Welcome from your neighboring State, Indiana. I am almost old enough to be your Grandpa and I am learning about all these great gadgets. We can learn at the same time.

Good luck,
bc

haha yeah im still learning but hey if you want to learn you got to try at least you know and thanks good luck to you also .

no its not silly at all you did the right thing plus you got the iphones at a good price, plus the iphone is only going to get better so it really does no harm waiting for a better model maybe even the iphone 6 or 7 if your going to wait a few years and the iphone 3g works nicely

no its not silly at all you did the right thing plus you got the iphones at a good price, plus the iphone is only going to get better so it really does no harm waiting for a better model maybe even the iphone 6 or 7 if your going to wait a few years and the iphone 3g works nicely

and i just looked at the at&t website the iphone's i ordered were the 3GS's sorry for the confusion are the 3GS phones just as easy jailbreak to run third party apps with ?

and i just looked at the at&t website the iphone's i ordered were the 3GS's sorry for the confusion are the 3GS phones just as easy jailbreak to run third party apps with ?

ah ok, well every firmware is jailbroken with the 3gs and 4.3.3 firmware works nicely on the 3gs even 5.0 does but its not so easy to unlock..

tell me what baseband your on... tap on settings > general > about and then next to modem firmware is your baseband version.. depending on what one you have you might or might not be able to unlock it using ultrasn0w that you have to jailbreak in order to download the app

ah ok, well every firmware is jailbroken with the 3gs and 4.3.3 firmware works nicely on the 3gs even 5.0 does but its not so easy to unlock..

tell me what baseband your on... tap on settings > general > about and then next to modem firmware is your baseband version.. depending on what one you have you might or might not be able to unlock it using ultrasn0w that you have to jailbreak in order to download the app

ok ill have to let you know when i receive the 2 phones in the mail in 7 to 10 days