What's new

Help with emails!!

amyinnc

Reaction score
I am having issues with replying to my emails on my phone..particularly the ones from hughes net..when I try and reply to them, it says that the address does not allowing relaying?? WHAT does that mean? I have no problems replying to yahoo, etc..

When you setup hughes.net it asked you for your login credentials for getting email. Sadly they don't ask you the same thing for sending email. If you go back into the setup and click on "Outgoing Mail Server" and then click on the hughes.net server you can then enter the user name and password needed to send mail.

that password differs from the email addy and password? I have NO idea what it would be..have had these emails for years.. (hughes net is the WORST with customer service! dealing with them in live chat now about exceeding our fair access policy threshold almost daily!!)

when i click on outgoing server for it, it says smtp.hughes.net

There should be a > to right of smtp.hughes.net. Click on that or the name itself. That should open a new screen with "user name" and "password". You should use the same info as you entered for getting email.

ok it said "optional" but i ebtered it anyway, and repliled to an email and think it worked...thanks!