What's new

Help needed with re-downloading apps

ccm

Reaction score
My wife has an IPhone 4 that locked up and I had to restore the factory setting so I lost all of her apps. I had not performed a backup on my phone (dumb me) so I am pretty much starting from scratch. My phone has the same apps that were on my wife's phone and I am attempting to get these apps back on her phone. I have gone to the App Store on her phone and located the apps but am unable to download them. When I originally downloaded the apps the window that featured the app would have a box that said "Get". Now when I locate the apps for her phone I now see a cloud with a down arrow where the "Get" option was located.

Her phone has the latest OS installed and the ITunes on my desktop is the latest version.

What am I doing wrong?

I appreciate any help you could offer.

Charlie

My wife has an IPhone 4 that locked up and I had to restore the factory setting so I lost all of her apps. I had not performed a backup on my phone (dumb me) so I am pretty much starting from scratch. My phone has the same apps that were on my wife's phone and I am attempting to get these apps back on her phone. I have gone to the App Store on her phone and located the apps but am unable to download them. When I originally downloaded the apps the window that featured the app would have a box that said "Get". Now when I locate the apps for her phone I now see a cloud with a down arrow where the "Get" option was located.

Her phone has the latest OS installed and the ITunes on my desktop is the latest version.

What am I doing wrong?

I appreciate any help you could offer.

Charlie
Just tap the cloud icon with the downward arrow. The app will download to her phone. The cloud icon just means that the app was previously purchased or downloaded for free on your wife's iPhone. To see a full list of your wife's previously purchased apps, open the App Store app and tap the box icon with the down arrow at the bottom right of the screen. On the next page, tap on Purchased at the top of the page. On the next page, you can select between All or Not on This iPhone. All you have to do is scroll through the list and tap the cloud icon on all the apps you want to download to the iPhone.

Scifan57
Thanks for the quick reply.

Worked like a charm.

I really appreciate you taking time to walk me through this procedure.

Charlie

Scifan57
Thanks for the quick reply.

Worked like a charm.

I really appreciate you taking time to walk me through this procedure.

Charlie
You're welcome. It's no trouble at all. I remember when I got my first iPhone and some of the problems I had and decided to help others with their problems.