What's new

Zedge help needed

DaveM

Reaction score
I have Zedge on my 5s and have been using it with no issues for some months. I am managing both my 5s and my wife's 5c on one computer, but under two different Windows logons. When I want to work with my phone I use my logon, when I want to work with her phone I use her logon. Syncing is done on both through iTunes. Today I wanted to add a text tone from Zedge to my wife's phone. I first put the Zedge app on her phone. When I logged into her Windows profile I found that Zedge Tonesync didn't show up in the installed programs. Okay, so apparently it only installed for my profile. I downloaded the Tonesync program from their website and installed it under her profile without issues. So far so good.

I then sent a text tone to Tonesync, and thus to iTunes, from Zedge on her phone, and it showed up under Tones in iTunes. Great! However, when set the option in iTunes to sync tones, and started the sync I got the following message:

$iTunes Message.JPG

Whoa! Not what I had in mind, so I cancelled. Thinking about it a bit I then unchecked the option to sync Tones and tried the sync again. This time it synced without issue. So apparently something is going on with the syncing of the tones that ties it in to a my iTunes library instead of hers. I don't understand what's going on. Any ideas? I'd appreciate it if someone could help straighten this out.

Are you manually managing music and videos on her iphone right now? I believe that if you are and turn a sync all option on like the tones it'll throw that error up. Itunes isn't getting anything from your library unless you specifically started it up and pointed it to your library so no worries there.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using iPF.net

Thanks for the reply Silverado. She has no music or videos on her phone to manage, but yes syncing is done through iTunes. Really the only thing that's being synced is apps. Her contacts are being kept in iCloud. The part that really bothers me about that message is that it says it will erase the phone. I'm really hesitant about allowing it to go ahead.

Okay Silverado. I bit the bullet and went ahead with it. No problem at all. It took all of about 3 seconds. I appreciate your response. Don't take it personally that I'm overly cautious. :) Thanks again.

Glad it worked for you. I had similar issues before I let itunes "sync" my playlists.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using iPF.net