What's new

Help needed, strange question!!

MattIuliano

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I have just upgraded my Os to 5.0.1 on my I4. The backstory is that I recently bought a used MBP and before upgrading Os, I synced my I4. Now that I've upgraded, when I plug the phone into iTunes it tells me the last backup was nearly a year ago (previous laptops owner), or to setup as a new phone. I understand that I didn't backup my phone, only synced it.
My question is, where is the synced data? Can it be transferred to my phone now? Would it default under the old owners profile? Hope that made sense

Thanks in advance
Matt

you need to move your files from your old computer to your MBP, files like music, videos, documents (PDF, PHOTOS). As for your applications, you can download them again from iTunes using your iTunes account. As for your contacts and sms, i'm not sure if you can do something about it since you've never backuped your iPhone neither on your computer or on iCloud.

I thought when it syncs, it copies the contacts? Contacts are the main thing I'm worried about

iTunes will certainly sync contacts to your iPhone, but that is if you previously your outlook or else to your iTunes. If you are having your contacts saved in outlook or gmail etc... then you can get back your contacts the same way you manage to have them on your phone before.