What's new

Help! I turned my iphone into my ipod

boostporge

Reaction score
Hello, basically I have a work iphone 5, a work computer and a personal ipod. I have itunes on my work computer but have never added my music to my iphone and kept it separate to my ipod and itunes account. I only ever charge the iphone on the work computer via a USB.

Today I was trying to save images from the iphone and I accepted something on itunes (probably a synch or backup etc but Im not sure, I wasnt paying attention) and now all my contacts, photos etc are gone from my iphone and it looks the same as my ipod but without the music. Is there anyway I can get my iphone contacts, messages and photos back? I really, really need to retrieve these,

Please be gentle, i am an Apple rookie and dont know what Im doing. My colleague has restored settings and also a restore backup but it is just staying how it was today.

Thank you very much in advance for anything you can do to help.

If you use iCloud to sync your contacts:
Go to Settings - iCloud and enable Contacts. If it's enabled, turn it off and then on again.

Use iTunes to retrieve the contacts:
Make sure iTunes is up to date. Then connect your iPhone to it, and select your device in iTunes. Select "Restore", then you should be able to choose the backup you prefer. Ensure that you use an iPhone backup, and choose a backup that was made before your iPhone was turned into an iPod.