What's new

Help, I cant get email on my new 1phone 4

Reaction score
Hi all

Well I received my new iphone 4 today and am already tearing my hair out.

I plugged it into the computer and started registration, but i already had an account with itunes from a long time ago so eventually logged into that and did what needed to be done.

I can use my iphone,but am having najoe problems with my email.

When I go to put in my email details, it keeps telling me that either my email or password is incorrect and that the passwrod for POP doesnt exist!!!

When my partner got his iphone 3gs, he has no problems, put his details in and off he went. He has none of this pop business!!!!

I thought that i would try and use google and sign into my hotmail that way via the internet, but it wont even let me do that.

I am so confused and completely stressed out as this is the main thing i need to be able to access on my phone!!

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Step 1: On your iPhone, go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > and create a new Micorsoft Exchange account.

Step 2: Fill out the information as follow:

Email: your email address
Domain: leave empty
Username: your email address
Password: your password

Tap Next when you’re done entering this info.

Step 3: Hotmail will verify your account. Once it’s done verifying, enter m.hotmail.com for the server info and hit Next.

Step 4: Select what you want to sync from your Hotmail account (Mail, Contacts, Calendar, and tap Save.