What's new

Help! Deleted contacts.

teisen17

Reaction score
So I'm casually checking a text message that I had received and it the name of the person wasn't synced in with the number. I have no contacts left. Is this a virus? Can someone tell me how to back up my phone with only backing up the contacts? Thanks! Much appreciated.

Go into settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendars -> iCloud -> and toggle off contacts. Wait 30 seconds and toggle them back on and wait another 30 seconds and they should all come back. This is assuming that you have your contacts synced with iCloud. Had to do this with my son's phone today and that fixed it.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using iPF.net

this exact thing happened to me about a month ago....it was so random i was on the road and was wondering why all my calls were coming in as phone numbers. Then when i went to check my contacts i saw that i didn't have any! luckily the night before, it had done a full backup to icloud so i had to do a restore and it brought everything back....hasn't happened since, and i hope apple is aware of the problem..

Yeah I ended up just toggling off the contacts button 5 times, like the user up above had suggested and it did the trick! I was hoping I didn't have to restore it and I didn't!

My wife's 5s has done this a couple times. The contacts randomly disappear. But on hers they come right back in less than a minute. Very weird.