What's new

Help! Camera stopped working!

loosie

Reaction score
Hi,

Firstly I have an phone 3gs, op sys 4.2.1

I have the app Camera Plus Pro and have been happy with it, but for no apparent reason, 2 days ago it stopped working. Will show the camera roll, but when you click on the camera icon to take a picture, it only gives the options of 'settings' or 'quick roll'. I've tried uninstalling & reinstalling the app.

Tried to use the original camera app that came with the phone & couldn't find it! Reinstalled this from the app store, but it won't work either - I open it, screen is blank for a few seconds, then it just seems to turn itself off - goes back to the desktop/menu page.

Can anyone help me resolve this issue please??

Update: see replies below.

Last edited:
Connect your phone to iTunes and sync it. You can also do a hard reset. If the syncing or the hard reset dont cure the issue then perform a factory restore.

Thanks but as I said, already tried uninstalling-reinstalling. That was the first thing I tried. The reset was an idea I thought I might have to do, but it turned out to be the restrictions settings. Too easy!

you can contact Camera Plus Pro's customer support for your query. their email is support<AT>globaldelight<DOT>com

Sounds like a hardware issue. You can restore to TRY to fix it, but I highly doubt it will affect it at all. You're in the new phone boat, my friend.

If your iPhone is less than a year old, Apple should fix it for free. Otherwise, unless you have the extended warranty, you're camera-less or new phone-person.

Thanks once again for taking the time, but your info is thankfully INCORRECT (if I only had $1 for everyone who's told me I need a new fone whenever I had a problem...) and PLEASE SEE ABOVE before wasting your time because issue was EASILY RESOLVED!!

Last edited:
yep, it was a restriction thing, few people think about that restriction thing since no one or only few go around the restriction, that's why everyone thinking about a hardware issue or something, anyway it's good that you've figure it all out alone and have it solve:)

haha the whole needing a new phone thing can usually fix most problems :p

If you have a camera problem then you just checking your camera settings. If their is no fault then you should go to the service center they will provide you a better solution. Thanks All............