What's new

Hello guys! New here. How to know if XR is a good deal?

advet akridon07

Reaction score
Hi guys! With Christmas and black friday coming up I'm trying to buy my gf a new phone and a buddy sent me a link to buy an iphone xr and he works at amazon. Its only like $460 but is that a good deal? Also it says renewed in the title didn't know if that meant refurbished? Not sure if anyone could check this out for me I'm not the best when it comes to apple products...I have a 6 plus. Also is the link legit amazon? I'm going to post it here but wanted to make sure it was legitimate. And not used. Any and all information would be greatly appreciated. Happy Thanksgiving everybody! Apple iPhone XR, 64GB, Black - Fully Unlocked (Renewed):Amazon

Yes this is a refurbished phone that is not new. IMO, I would get a new one. Spend the extra money and just get her a new one from either Apple or your carrier. Worth the extra money to know you are getting a 100% new phone with a brand new battery instead of one that is only at 80% capacity as per the description. Here is what the description says per the link you gave.

Professionally inspected and tested to work and look like new, with minimal to no signs of wear, by an Amazon-qualified supplier. Supplier performs a full diagnostic test, replaces any defective parts, and thoroughly cleans the product. Box and accessories (no headphones included) may be generic. Batteries have at least 80% capacity relative to new.

Inspected and guaranteed to have minimal cosmetic damage, which is not noticeable when the device is held at arms length.
Tested for battery health and guaranteed to have a minimum battery capacity of 80%.

To put this into perspective, my 2 year old iPhone 7 Plus battery still had 85% capacity. So with 80% capacity this is not very good IMO. As I said, spend the extra money and get her a new phone even if it’s not an XR. You’ll be happy you did. JMHO.

I agree completely with 933. In addition, it doesn’t say Apple refurbished. That means you may or may not have the full Apple warranty and you would not be able to get AppleCare for it.