What's new

Have you updated to IOS 9?

Nothing would happen. It seems to be working fine so far after signing out then back in to the App Store.
Have you tried restarting your iPhone? Press and hold the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears, then release both buttons and wait for the iPhone to restart.

Yes. I updated through iTunes. I'm having trouble with iTunes syncing my apps. I was running iOS 9.1 public beta. I had to restore my phone. Then restored a backup. There are a handful of apps that will download then they will be darkened out after a short time saying they're waiting. When I go into the App Store it only gives me the option to open the app. So it's like the app is installed but it's not.
Here is an example:

Update: So I signed out of the App Store, restarted my phone then downloaded the apps again. We'll see if they black out again.

I had some issues with the app store updates as well. Everything is fixed now, but when I opened my phone after i had installed iOS 9, my app store gave me the badge icon saying I had 8 apps that needed to be updated, but when I opened the apps store, it seemed all of my apps were up to date. About an hour later, I was able to update the apps, and everything was fine.

In fact, I was having some issues with my GPS not pinpointing my location accurately (or sometimes at all). Updating to iOS 9 fixed it.

My iPad Air 2 is currently on the iOS 9 GM. I'm downloading the IPSW file for iOS 9 from the developer website. When it's done I'll do an update through iTunes to the public release version of iOS 9.0.

My iOS9 update went very smooth. I took approx an hour. My Verizon 128gb Space Gray 6 Plus is running GREAT, smooth as "BUTTA" and VERY FAST. NO problems to speak of.
Same here!

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

I have an iPhone 5 and just updated today. Not really savvy, I just went through the settings where the notice to update was. No problems, took about an hour. I did post here about the small case letter being very tiny when I typed a text message after the update. I also could not send imessages for about an hour after the update. Now that it has been about three hours since I updated things seem to be back to normal.

I have an iPhone 5 and just updated today. Not really savvy, I just went through the settings where the notice to update was. No problems, took about an hour. I did post here about the small case letter being very tiny when I typed a text message after the update. I also could not send imessages for about an hour after the update. Now that it has been about three hours since I updated things seem to be back to normal.
I always do a hard reset after updating, It can help clear any little glitches.

Last edited:
I haven't downloaded IOS 9 yet, I will do my phone before Ipad, sometimes little problems get solved right away....

Post here and tell us how it went.

Are you having any issues?

Hi all…

I updated my iPad Air 128GB (first Air), 2 iPhone 6s (128GB & 64GB), and my old iPhone 5s 64GB - which has now become my iPod. All are at iOS 9.0.2 (the new phones were 9.0.1)

All went smoothly, and all still have good speed, no anomalous behavior after a few days.

My wife's 4s I did too, just for fun (she got a new 6s) and it is S-L-U-G-G-I-S-H to the point of being non-responsive at times. You can click on an app and it just waits about 5-7 seconds, then launches it. Swiping from page to page of apps takes forever.

I was pleasantly surprised by how well the 5s came through it. I wanted iOS9 for upgradability of some of my key iPod apps. It is still quick and responsive. Not sure how much of that was the iOS upgrade, and how much might be related to removing 203 apps which I don't need on an iPod.

I did not update the iPad 3 to iOS9. It's use is fixed, and limited, and the apps I use are committed to continued support on iOS 8. It works great with iOS 8.

I keep getting a notice that OS 9.1 is ready to be installed. I am afraid to install updates to anything. Using Windows based computers really instilled fear in me. Every time I installed a Service Pack, it ruined my computer, and I would spend hours and hours with techs trying to figure out how to fix the problems. {{{SHUDDER}}}

Why should I want to update my 5s? Is it necessary?

Loving 9.1. Have had no negatives. And I downloaded it through iTunes on my PC.

I keep getting a notice that OS 9.1 is ready to be installed. I am afraid to install updates to anything. Using Windows based computers really instilled fear in me. Every time I installed a Service Pack, it ruined my computer, and I would spend hours and hours with techs trying to figure out how to fix the problems. {{{SHUDDER}}}

Why should I want to update my 5s? Is it necessary?
I have never had problems with windows based OS and iTunes to upgrade my iPhone. I've always used Windows XP to upgrade all my IOS devices until iOS 9 required Windows 7 or above. Windows 7 has never messed up doing firmware upgrades.

Back your phone up first with iTunes. If it back ups fine, then your good as gold to proceed with a firmware upgrade using Windows.

Just make sure you have the latest iTunes installed and everything will go smoothly.