What's new

Has Anyone Successfully Installed 5.0.1 OTA?

Wifi is required for ota. It makes sense because if you loose connection your iPhone, iPod or iPad may be need total restore.
I recommend making sure one is backed up first before proceeding with the upgrade. This morning I backed up 6 devices in my home via wifi then upgraded each over the air. All went smoothly without issues at all. I also instructed some 40 clients to upgrade after backing up and again all went well..... . The bad news I no longer get paid for doing it lol...

Col.bris said:
Wifi is required for ota. It makes sense because if you loose connection your iPhone, iPod or iPad may be need total restore.
I recommend making sure one is backed up first before proceeding with the upgrade. This morning I backed up 6 devices in my home via wifi then upgraded each over the air. All went smoothly without issues at all. I also instructed some 40 clients to upgrade after backing up and again all went well..... . The bad news I no longer get paid for doing it lol...

Thanks col.bris wondered why it didn't work for me. No problem though. Im relocating next week and will be able to get my Internet again.

Thank you!!!

PS loving it here

Like the update. Took 7 mins total over wifi. Didn't even backup before or plug it in during! Battery dropped 4% during total process. And battery life after was good. BUT, didn't hit 100% battery from 60% overnight, only 97%, which is unusual. Got it to hit 100% by charging with phone off. 9:00 to 6:30 today, and I'm at 82% with some use. Posted in the general forum that my usage stats aren't counting though I hit 100%. I may have unplugged from the charger before I turned on which could be the issue.

I think I noticed a minor change. It seems when viewing photos the button to enable picture selection was moved from the top to the bottom of the screen...?