What's new

Grr HELP! Apps getting installed on all devices!?

amyinnc

Reaction score
Whenever myself (iphone 4) or my son (ipod touch) downloads an app, it automatically goes onto my husbands iphone. HOW do we stop this...

Settings -> Store -> Apps -> Toggle to OFF.

on my device it is already set to off....

Ok, that takes care of the easy step.

Next connect the device to iTunes and you will need to turn off auto sync from there as well. Unfortunately I am at work and can't bring up the exact steps. But rough guess, you need to be on the page that shows all the apps with each page layout and then turn off "auto sync" from there.

on my device it is already set to off....

You guys should each have your own account. Then you wouldn't have to worry about it.

Just as the above poster mentioned:

Settings> Store> Under "Automatic Downloads" toggle Music and apps off. should be done on all phones.

You can also make an Apple ID without a debit/credit specifically for downloading free purchases if your worried about your kids buying things with your debit card. YouTube it. Pretty easy.

If one of your family members wants to download an app that you already bought (and that's okay w/ you.lol), they can just go to Settings> Store> tap the email address, and tap "Sign Out" then tap "Sign In" and they can sign in w/ whatever account they choose, provided they know the password. Then do the same thing to sign back into there own account after they downloaded the app.

You can also sign in/out of your Apple ID in the App Store. When you Open the App Store, tap the "Featured" tab on the bottom of the screen, then scroll the whole way to the bottom of that page, and the email address of the account in which the iPhone is signed into will be there. has the same functionality as in Settings> Store. Tap the address to sign in/out.

Same way in the iTunes app too.

Last edited:
zig9449 said:
You guys should each have your own account. Then you wouldn't have to worry about it.

Just as the above poster mentioned:

Settings> Store> Under "Automatic Downloads" toggle Music and apps off. should be done on all phones.

You can also make an Apple ID without a debit/credit specifically for downloading free purchases if your worried about your kids buying things with your debit card. YouTube it. Pretty easy.

If one of your family members wants to download an app that you already bought (and that's okay w/ you.lol), they can just go to Settings> Store> tap the email address, and tap "Sign Out" then tap "Sign In" and they can sign in w/ whatever account they choose, provided they know the password. Then do the same thing to sign back into there own account after they downloaded the app.

You can also sign in/out of your Apple ID in the App Store. When you Open the App Store, tap the "Featured" tab on the bottom of the screen, then scroll the whole way to the bottom of that page, and the email address of the account in which the iPhone is signed into will be there. has the same functionality as in Settings> Store. Tap the address to sign in/out.

Same way in the iTunes app too.

It would help alot, wouldnt it!

I have 6 devices hooked to the same account with no issues. It is simply a matter of knowing there are two places you have to toggle the settings.

Not at all. Because I know what settings to toggle and why.