What's new

Group Texting ios5

chrisole

Reaction score
So i've dug in on this topic and have learned how to create "contact groups" w/ icloud. I am trying to send texts to my team of 50+ people at once and can't find a good way to do it. Standard group texting seems to limit me to 10 recipients. Impossible? It can't be. Please help.

I got an app called MailShot Pro which claims to be able to do up to 50 emails in a group email and up to 50 texts in a group text. Give it a shot and see if it does what you need. It works perfectly for group e-mailing. Not all the people in my email groups do I have mobile numbers for. So I've never tested it with group texting yet. But you're correct in your observation that the iPhone itself has no ability to create groups for e-mailing and texting.

Sound like a great app, i will have to try it out. Thanks

Let me know if you get it working for multiple texts at once.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your kind comments about MailShot Pro. I just wanted to clarify that it is designed for group email, and not for texting.

The main advantage of MailShot Pro over other group mail apps is that it creates special contacts that allow you to send email to your groups from within all of your favorite apps, just like it was built into your device- but that method cannot be used for texts (and we don't claim that it can.)

I hope this helps.

Cheers

Peter
SolubleApps

Disclosure: I am the developer of MailShot and MailShot Pro and may benefit from its sales.