What's new

good iphone games

jason.li

Reaction score
field-runners.jpg
After about 100+ iPhone downloads, I’ve suffered a fair amount of buyer’s remorse. Some of these games lacked depth, while others suffered from iffy design decisions and/or poor replay value. The five listed here are examples of excellent game design and will give the user solid long-term value.
  • Trism – Your typical match the same color puzzle game with a nice twist. The ability to change the orientation of the play field in a way that also changes gameplay separates this title from the rest of the field. Include a unique geometric look, different modes of play, and game play that has hooks and you have a solid winner.
  • Fieldrunners – Tower defense games are another popular iPhone genre. This is the first one I know of that includes fun game play with truly excellent production values. Well-crafted graphics and sound with multiple maps will keep users happy for a long time.
  • Bejeweled 2 – This office productivity sucker makes a smooth transition to the iPhone. The king of the traditional match three of the same color puzzle game. It’s Bejeweled, it’s on the iPhone, and it retains that great addictive quality. I can’t imagine what will happen once they finally release Peggle.
  • Let’s Golf! – Yes, I did mention this title in an earlier post. This is more of a long-term review. This title is still going strong on my iPhone. Gameplay is remains spot-on and it’s currently the default game I go to whenever I have a few minutes to kill.
  • iDracula– Proves the point that simple game play even in this day and age can still flourish if this same game play is solid in its execution. Until Diablo gets released on the iPhone, this will be my best alternative.
All of the games listed here will cost you a few bucks. But compared to what you have to pay for a PSP or DS title, these games offer great value. They have withstood the test of time and I don’t see myself deleting them off my iPhone anytime soon.
from my blog http://deepblue.blog.com

great list. As of today Tetris is one of the top of the best seller games but it will cost you some dollar. Farm Story is also most download and the good thing about it is it's free.

they are good games but some you buy and you never play it or wish you never had and these games some times have no light version to try it, but they are cheaper especially compared to some psp or game boy or nintendo ds where you pay in the 40's for a new game

I've been looking around for some more games lately, because my little daughter is also fascinated by daddy's new toy. Are there some good games which are suited for 6 year olds?

I've been looking around for some more games lately, because my little daughter is also fascinated by daddy's new toy. Are there some good games which are suited for 6 year olds?

what games do you already have?

rayman 2?
crash bandicoot nitro?
cc ninja
battle bears
doodle fit
cat physics
attack balls
bejeweled 2
froggy launcher/jump
whacksy taxi
zombie duck
subrats
ikungfu
saving private sheep

i dont know what kind of games that she would like but those i think are ok... just to name a few that might interest her.