What's new

Favorite TOWER DEFENSE game for iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch

robdog

Reaction score
Ok.. im a bit addicted to these tower defense games..

Im currently playing Field Runners, since i noticed they updated with 3 new areas...

Tower Madness was another game that i put many hours into. But the balance is just not the same as Field Runners... some levels feel way too easy..and some are just way too hard..

Field Runners seems to be pretty balanced for me.. i feel that i can always do better, but its not too easy.. except for the last 3 new levels..pretty easy or maybe im just getting good.

There was a Balloons money Tower Defense game i played. for me.WAY TO easy. and bored me. But there were 4 versions or something ridiculous like that. so maybe its geared more towards kids..

Plants Vs Zombies. wow. fantastic game.. i played it on my MAC. an entire weekend, did nothing but play this. and completed it.yea!

So. i need more Tower Defense CRACK!

What other Tower Defense games have u played?

I paid for FieldRunners and PvZ.. so if the game is good.. ill buy.... no..actually the game needs to be GREAT!

Epic war TD is good. Great HD graphics. It also has a lite version to try before you buy...

I dont know if your still looking for some good ones but geodefense is awesome even if you play it on ipad the graphics are still great even though its an iphone app. Tower defense hd lost earth is great, towermadness, creeps! Hd, and 7 cities. There are more but those are some my favorite also Trenched on xbox 360 is a must have. If you have any android powered devices then hexdefense and robodefense are good.

Oh also there is an ants/bugs tower defense game for ipad and and aliens one where they try to steal your cows those where both decent the ants one is really hard though and the tiles arent very clear so you find yourself leaving gaps that the bad guys can get through even though it doesnt look like it.

Hope this helps if your still looking. Apple needs to make a category for these games and the authors need to do a good job with there tags so all you have to do is type in tower defense and you get every tower defense game availible.

I'm a Tower Madness junkie! I tried a few others but I couldn't like them as much. I saved all the sheep so far and am now working on endless mode for high scores!

I played Fieldrunners before and havent found any TD games that are as good as fieldrunners :(

i just found out about Gem Keeper from my friend, really liked the graphics and started playing...so far so good if any of you are interested !
good graphics, new features seem interesting too, i think its a bit expensive but still gets me addictive..

maybe some of you can check it out ;)

ith my iphone 4, it seems to me battery life if better with the ios5.

I've been playing a bunch of Jelly Defense lately. Nice graphics but I'm glad that you can turn off the music. The music is good for a while but then you get tired of it.

Some others I like (besides all of the great ones already mentioned above) are Port Defender, iBomber Def, and Zombie Attack and Zombie Attack 2nd Wave

i loved FieldRunners. Recently i came across new TD game Battleground Defense. Loved their gameplay and graphics. I would reccoment to atleast try the lite version..

Im going to make a list of TD games ive played..

FieldRunners - FANTASTIC!
Plants Vs Zombies - pretty good
Tower Madness - better than Bloons4. i think it needs a bit more balance..but its fun
Bloons4 - boring
Epic War - played a lot.
Gem Keeper - played a lot of it.
Tower Defense : Lost Earth - great!
Defender Chronicles - lots of fun.

currently playing Fantasy Defense.. um, eh.. just something to burn the time.
i also picked up STAR FALL.. but its looking like its a "MORE MORE MORE = HARDER HARDER HARDER"..blah..

here's my gripe.. more crap at a faster rate, just to make the game harder, sucks!
thats Bloons4.. not a whole lot of thinking involved.. I never felt like that with Field Runners or PvZ, or TD:Lost Earth, or even Gem Keeper..

heres a list of the others people mentioned..but i havent got to it yet.

geodefense
creeps
7 cities
Jelly Defense
Port Defender
iBomber Def
Zombie Attack & 2nd Wave

other free bees ive downloaded
NinjaTDlite
GDefense

Also, what techniques have you learned, that are pretty much shared between many of the other TD games?

focus on powerful "towers" where roads meet up multiple times. this allows the "tower" to attack a target multiple times. in Field Runners, you can build a PLUS sign road path, so the same tower hits the object 4 times.

stick "slow" towers right before the powerful attack towers. slows down enemies so the attack towers can do more damage.

you need a series of attack towers for SPEEDY enemies that come in packs. or towers that shoot fast.

"Archers" are generally low damage, but have long range. stick those behind your soldiers (high damage, short range).

Some archers are HIGH damage, but low re-load rate. Get enough of these together, with some "slow" towers, and you can do some serious damage.

Splash Damage does well in "crowd" scenarios. Epic War is a prime example of using Splash Damage.

sorry..just vomiting thoughts off the top of my head.