What's new

gmail.....

danlaw777

Reaction score
I have an iPad 2 with Gmail on it using the server m.google.com. I have tried to set up my new iPhone with the same settings and it has failed time and again. am I missing something? all of my settings have stayed the same, I used to have an iPhone 4s with Gmail set up this way and it was fine.

thoughts?

You don't have to set up the Gmail account with the settings you used before. When you set up the account, use the "Google" feature.

If you still intend to add the account manually, use this site to make sure everything is right:
Mail Settings Lookup - Apple Support
Enter your Gmail address, the page will show everything you need to set up the account.

Do you use 2 step verification for your Gmail account? If the settings above don't work, you'll need an app specific password to be able to set up Gmail on the iPhone.

You don't have to set up the Gmail account with the settings you used before. When you set up the account, use the "Google" feature.

If you still intend to add the account manually, use this site to make sure everything is right:
Mail Settings Lookup - Apple Support
Enter your Gmail address, the page will show everything you need to set up the account.

Do you use 2 step verification for your Gmail account? If the settings above don't work, you'll need an app specific password to be able to set up Gmail on the iPhone.

it didn't work. and No, I don't use 2 step verification

Did you try this as well?
image.jpg

yeah that works, that's how I have it set up now. I used to have it setup using the m.google so I could delete as opposed to archiving....but now just realized that my iPhone is deleting as well as my ipad.

when did that change?

yeah that works, that's how I have it set up now. I used to have it setup using the m.google so I could delete as opposed to archiving....but now just realized that my iPhone is deleting as well as my ipad.

when did that change?
Quite some time ago.