What's new

Gmail App with IOS 6

terrynshed

Reaction score
Hi, hope this is the correct place to post.

I just upgraded my iPhone 4 to IOS 6. I am also using Gmail App v 1.3.1. I have always had it setup so when I receive an e-mail, there is a vibration alert (phone stays on silent). As soon as IOS 6 was installed, not only do I continue to receive vibration alerts on new messages, but if I happen to open a new message on my PC, my iphone will also alert me.

So basically, the iphone now alerts when the message count goes up and down. Where before it only alerted when the message count went up.

Any ideas on how to fix this? It is very annoying. Especially when I am going through a number of e-mails on my PC, and my phone just keeps vibrating every time I open one.

Thanks!

Just wondering if anyone else if having any issue with Gmail app and IOS 6? Still have not been able to figure out why the phone alerts me when the e-mail count goes down?

Thanks!

Just wondering if anyone else if having any issue with Gmail app and IOS 6? Still have not been able to figure out why the phone alerts me when the e-mail count goes down?

Thanks!

Welcome to the Forum terrynshed. I see you originally posted around the 27th.

If it makes you feel any better several people have reported issues, I did not see an answer to the problem other then delete and reinstall. I have Gmail on my iPhone 5 and I have no problems. The majority of people with gmail say no issue. And there have been several threads on it.

I would suggest you google a search like this: gmail ios6 iphoneforums.net. You will see one or two threads then "more from iphone forums.net. Then you can kind of glance at them and see what everyone had to say.