What's new

giving iPhone 3gs to wife and setting up iPhone 5

tony1458

Reaction score
hi,
could anybody help me please, how do i go on i am giving my wife my iPhone 3gs which is jail-broke so if i reset it she will lose all settings on it and i am getting a new iPhone 5 but i am confused as to what to do with each phone when i go on iTunes, do i set another account up for the phone i am giving my wife? i have backed up the 3gs but i want to put the settings on my new phone, thanks for any help.
tony.

When you perform a backup, most of your settings are backed up as well. If you're talking about jailbroken settings and such, you can save them using OpenBackup or similar tweaks from Cydia.

It's recommended that you create and use a different Apple ID for each phone, otherwise you might get duped iMessages sent to both devices. If you want to wipe your device of all jailbroken tweaks and settings, but want to retain the jailbreak status on the 3GS, you can use ILEX RAT to do so. It simply wipes all jailbroken tweaks and settings from your device, basically giving you feel of starting fresh.