What's new

Getting to hate Itunes

Runfox

Reaction score
Hello all, not sure where to put this thread so please forgive me. Itunes is a pain lately. I mean when I plug my iphone 5 via USB cable to my comp to sync it, itunees comes up, and Im looking all over itunes for a tab, button anuything that says "my iphone". So I can snc it. But no , itunes defaults to the store, so apple is trying to puch me to buy thier stuff I dont want. And I look everywhere , click every button I can to find my device but cant. Plaese can anyome tell me an easy way to find my device in itunes???? My wife has the same problem with her ipad 3 andiphone 4. And Im no dummy, I build my own computers, Im the family IT tech , but itunes has become a pain!!

Click on the little icon on the top left corner of iTunes 11 and click "Show Menu Bar". Then click "View", then "Show Sidebar". This'll show the left hand taskbar. I'm not even sure why Apple hides it in the first place....

Wow found just what I was looking for, thank you, why does Apple make that so hard to find??? Its like all this cryptic little keystrokes and such to find what shiould be already showing.

iTunes 10 and below had the taskbar out there by default. Not sure why they hid it on 11.... iTunes in general is a real pain in my opinion. I avoid it as much as I can.