What's new

iPhone 4 not restoring code 2009

lochrisstina

Reaction score
Okay so my iPhone decided it was going to turn off and not turn on again. Instead it was flashing the apple logo every few seconds. I got it connected to iTunes by manually pressing the power and home buttons then releasing the power button after 10 seconds.
I got code 2009.

I restarted my computer.
I disabled firewalls and I don't have anti-virus on my comp right now.

Now instead of the apple logo showing, I have the iTunes logo and the usb cord displayed on my phone.

I checked my iTunes update, I'm updated - it's a current version.
I'm still getting error 2009.
Is my iPhone dead in the water?

Please don't refer me to the Apple quick help page, I've already been there and tried what they said. Thanks.

I opened the back and realized the battery cable isn't completely connected to the battery, so i'm guessing a new battery is needed. Could this be why it's not restoring? I figured if it wasn't getting any juice, it wouldn't even do the apple logo when not connected.

can anyone help? It's just outside of the warranty window so i'd hate to lose my phone, really can't afford another one :(

2009 is generally a USB issue. I'm assuming you're using a Mac?

Uninstall your USB drivers, and reboot your PC. Then retry

How should I go about doing that? The last version of windows I mastered was 98 LMAO it's been a while! Every driver?

I only had two extra USB drivers. deleted. now rebooting.

I'm getting mixed messages. One saying is hardware malfunction the other is saying replace battery. Two different things, anyone know?

whenever it prepares, my computer makes a noise like the USB was disconnected then connected again. I have a PC, windows 7

Error 21 is from an improper boot sequence. The fix is simply to put it into DFU or Recovery Mode again.

Error 3014 is because of iTunes being unable to connect to the host server. Open up your host file (default: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\host). Open up the file using Notepad, and remove any gs.apple.com lines from within, just delete that entire line. Then open up Command Prompt (can type in cmd at the start menu), and type in 'ipconfig /flushdns' and press Enter to clear your cache. Then retry. Make sure iTunes is closed while doing so.

Also refer to this.

I put it back into DFU mode and it starts, then makes the USB disconnecting noise, reconnecting noise then goes into regular Recovery Mode. Every time error code 21. This poor phone just die for good?

DFU mode:
Hold power and home button down...let go of power button after 10 sec. The screen goes blank.
If I continue to hold the home button down, The "extracting software" and "verifying restore" and "preparing" goes SUPER fast and ends with error 21.
Even holding the home button down, It pops out of DFU mode every single time and goes back to regular restore mode.
wtf.. errg