What's new

geotagging photos?

sakumaxp

Reaction score
i heard about geotagging photos. im sure most of you know what it is but im new to the whole iphone thing, so i will explain for those of you who are like me and dont know, basically, when you snap a photo the iphone is supposed to remember and put a little tumbnail on a map that shows you where you took the picture, now i was wondering, where do i see the geotagging places on my iphone 4 running ios 4.1, is it disabled? or not on the firmware or am i just missing something?

When you open the photo app down at the bottom there is a tab called places. That's where you can look for groups of photos taken at specific places. What's really cool is if a friend takes one and sends it to you you can look and see right where they took it!

haha ok fixed it, i just forgot to turn on location services for my photos -__-

Geotagging of photos means that the coordinates of the location where the photo was taken are saved in the photo file. It is then possible to plot the photos on the map, in the iPhone or in the PC with programs like GeoSetter.

I have been investigating geotagging for a project I am doing but I use the basic camera phone for iphone 4. I dont see where the "places" thing is in the camera app whic is very basic. I see in your post initially you didnt see it either. Hoping you could point me in the right direction. thanks