What's new

Galaga Wars Out Now

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
Galaga Wars out now iPhone.JPG

Bandai Namco brings the classic Galaga name right up to date with the release of Galaga Wars for iOS as a celebration of Galaga’s 35th anniversary. Galaga Wars is available in the App Store as a free download.

As a Galaga fighter you get to blast insects with massive lasers, and huge rockets, and drop space mines on the Queen Bee, and it feels awesome!

Fans will be able to choose a starship based on one of the famous Galaga games from the past and then get to unlock and upgrade an extensive arsenal for their starship. The game comes complete with a stirring soundtrack, responsive touch controls, and striking graphics.

"I played the original Galaga in an arcade booth when I was 10, so it’s a dream come true to create Galaga Wars for a new generation of players, especially this year being GALAGA’s 35th anniversary. It was a great challenge re-inventing one of the most famous titles in videogame history, trying to keep the essence and spirit of what makes this game unique, but also adding cool new ideas to really excite players,” said Chanh LY, Producer and Project Owner at BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Europe.

“We are honored to work on such an amazing IP with BANDAI NAMCO. Galaga is iconic in every way, and the Paladin team has done a great job re-imagining the game for the 21st century. We stayed true to the heart of the game from 35 years ago, going so far as working with the original game design documents and analyzing every pixel in the original art. That said, the new Galaga Wars is a unique game with some very interesting innovations. I think it will bring a big smile to players around the world!” said Derk De Geus, CEO at Paladin Studios.

Galaga Wars is available in the App Store as a free download: Galaga Wars on the App Store

Source: Bandai Namco