What's new

For those with early arrivals, how's the activation process?

Hmmmm... It's been over an hour after activating thru iTunes and still not there. AT&T is just a couple of minutes away so may check with them in a few hours if not connected.

Went back to AT&T store after 5 hrs and they said it had the wrong? SIM card but couldn't explain beyond that. She put in a new card and said I would be up and running in 30 mins. She also gave me another card for my wife's phone. It's been an hour and still not there so I'll have to run back over there in the morning as there was an evening line building. Don't want to setup my wife's phone until we get mine running.

Most peculiar.

3 minutes after my last post, WE'RE NOW LIVE!!! Time to play!

I have a 3GS which had the sim still active. I had to call AT&T and activate the new iPhone. It was all automated and easy. I'm good to go.

Ok, got my iP4 and activated online with no issues. The actual switch over from my 3GS took about half an hour. Restore in iTunes took a little while but again no issues. Like most others I had to re-activate my voicemail and a few other apps. We picked up the wife's iP4 at the local Apple Store this evening and the activation there went smooth too.

Mine arrived around 4PM with a fully charged battery and using I tunes was easily activated and synced in less than 10 minutes. called at&t's porting no. 1-888-898-7685 and was able to port my verizon number to my new I phone. No delays or hassles during the whole process. I made the porting request when I ordered my phone on the 15th.