What's new

Folks Who Upgraded to the iPhone 6S Might be Owed Money from Apple

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Reaction score
iphone-6s-lineup.jpg

Here's a potential money-hack that might make your day. If you just purchased the new iPhone 6S or iPhone 6S Plus, Apple might owe you money. You have to satisfy some very specific requirements, but if you fall into the right category, then you could score as much as $44 bucks. Here are the details:

If you:
Signed up for the AppleCare+ Plan within the last two years and there is still time remaining on it,
...and you just bought one of the new iPhone 6S products, after trading in a previous iPhone during that time,
...then you are probably eligible for a refund of the difference.

The gist of it is this:
The AppleCare+ Plan is a two-year minimum product, but since you traded in an older iPhone and didn't use up all of the remaining time to protect that specific product, then you are owed a refund for the remainder.

Here's how to get it:
You simply need to go to the below linked Apple landing page and follow the instructions on “How to request a refund for an AppleCare plan." If you are eligible, you can expect about $44 on a $99 AppleCare plan if it's 12 months old and has no incidents on record. You will need to have your old iPhone’s serial number and your AppleCare+ plan’s agreement number in order to request your refund.

Here's that Apple Support Page for requesting an AppleCare+ Plan refund: How to request a refund for an AppleCare plan - Apple Support

Of course, if you sell your old iPhone, you can transfer the AppleCare + plan to the new owner. In that case, you could get the new owner to pay you what Apple would refund to you if you cancelled the plan.

What a coincidence! I advised a member to do that yesterday and he's getting his refund!
I gave the same link too.
Sorry I didn't see that post. At least we are getting the info out there! :)