What's new

Flash Player

azonie

Reaction score
Tell me why Apple will not allow Flash Player on their products. Love my iPhone and thinking of iPad but for iPad this seems like a big limitation?

Tell me why Apple will not allow Flash Player on their products. Love my iPhone and thinking of iPad but for iPad this seems like a big limitation?

There are a lot of very good answers to this question. I'll rattle off the top 3.

1) Flash games. Apple wants 100% control of the apps run on iOS.
2) Security. Flash has had more zero day exploits than any other plugin.
3) Speed. Flash requires some serious CPU. Until the iPad 2, it wasn't possible.

Adobe publicly stated last year that it will no longer be asking Apple to include Flash. Instead both companies have agreed to use HTML 5 to accomplish the task of Flash. Adobe will be killing off Flash over the next few years.

So is there a way or an app to run Flash on the iPhone 4?

Google search shows positive results for that interrogative.

So without flash Player is there any way to watch those videos?
If I want to watch some highlights of soccer on website which requires flash is there any way to watch it on iPhone?

In many cases there are apps that do that and are free. We have many. Threads about this m after with lots of answers.

Well ~ you know then that the iPad does not support flash. There are apps, but they are sluggish and unpredictable.

Research before buying a product = less whining.

:)

html5_vs_flash.jpg
+
images
=
images