What's new

Flash content viewable on iPhone 5

p3unit32

Reaction score
I read an article, well several that said some flash content well be viewable on iOS devices. The iOS devices will not have flash, but Adobe will allow some flash content to be viewed through HTML5.

p3unit32 said:
I read an article, well several that said some flash content well be viewable on iOS devices. The iOS devices will not have flash, but Adobe will allow some flash content to be viewed through HTML5.

Has anyone heard anything similar, what are your thoughts?

I think it is a flash workaround that isn't required to go through the apple review process and not actual Flash. It would sure be nice to be able to watch ESPN3 on an iphone or ipad.

grouper sandwich said:
I think it is a flash workaround that isn't required to go through the apple review process and not actual Flash. It would sure be nice to be able to watch ESPN3 on an iphone or ipad.

It not flash at all, but flash content viewable through HTML5 format.

Sounds like Wallaby to me...

Sent from The Droid... The one you were looking for...

Why the iPhone is without flash always bewilders me anyway! nearly all website have flash these days

holophyte said:
Why the iPhone is without flash always bewilders me anyway! nearly all website have flash these days

Because many websites were moving towards HTML5. Apple wanted to support HTML5 instead of Adobe Flash. I'm not completely sure why, I read about the reasons why months ago by have since then forgotten. But it doesn't matter now. The a the latest iOS devices will have it.

I have heard the same thing but i think Apple needs to eat crow and allow flash on all there devices.

jbs06civicsi said:
I have heard the same thing but i think Apple needs to eat crow and allow flash on all there devices.

Lol.. Well at least we're getting something. Know Apple there's good reason.

DaytonAnnie said:
Steve Jobs has serious issues with Adobe Flash. Click here to see an article written by Steve Jobs himself back in April of 2010:

Thoughts on Flash

Nice link. I remember last year watching Steve briefly discuss that topic.

iCrank said:
Should of used past tense.

But still, now iOS devices want be totally restricted from viewing other web content. But if this resent change did not come about, I would still get the next iPhone away. I think the iPhone works better.

thanks- that's a good article. I've never read it before- and it explained a lot.

I just read an article about Windows 8 utilizing HTML5, not FLASH! It was referred to as legacy, plus Microsoft is banning it for the same exact reason Apple is banning it. Things like; security, battery life, reliability, and privacy for consumers. NOW KEEP IN MIND, THIS IS REFERRING TO MICROSOFT'S NEW TABLET, NOT THE PCS.

Anyway pretty soon iOS will not be wanting for much as far as the mobile web is concerned. As more developers will start using the new web standard, flash will be something from the past on mobile devices.