What's new

First Post - Beginner needs guidance!

By default, the home and the sleep/power buttons are the only ways to wake up your device. I don't believe AssistiveTouch allows you to wake up the device either, I know it does allow you to put the device to sleep without pressing a physical button. On a jailbroken device, you can set a gesture with say your Volume buttons, your mute switch, or by shaking the device to do so. But as for a stock device, unfortunately not.

:(...Thanks!

Can't believe my iPhone 4 hung. Is it because of the wifi connection, doesn't seem so. It is quite unheard of. Please advise...what could be the probable cause. I had to restart it to make it work. Am I doing something incorrect or does it really happen at times? Happy to provide more info. I am on iOS6 not migrated as yet!

Last edited:
Possibly a lack of RAM/resources or a higher demand of it but the refresh rate isn't fast enough.

How do I counter it? It says 2.8 GB available. Please advise. I was also facing some issues when the apps weren't loading in the morning, but when I switched it off and on it did...Am I doing something terribly wrong?

Last edited:
Usually I would recommend a restore back to iOS 6, but I'm not sure whether there are blobs available for your device saved that would allow you to. iOS 7 on the 4 is visibly laggier than iOS 5 and 6, so for the 4, I would advise against it for a lot of users.

If anything, plug your device into your computer, create a backup of your device, then manually delete everything via iTunes. Delete all your music on your device, all the photos on your device, all the videos on your device, all the apps on your device, etc. Then on your device, delete all your texts. (Don't worry, you'll get them all back since you backed them up).

Then go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. You can say that it's redundant of what you just did, but the reason you'd want to manually erase as much as you can is so that the process doesn't take as long. The process can take anywhere from 30 seconds to a day depending on how much data is on your device. So by removing as much as you can after backing up, you speed up the process.

After all contents and settings are erased, restore the backup using iTunes that you just made previously. See if this fixes the issue. If not, then I'm afraid you might have to upgrade to the fruity-looking iOS 7 to fix the issue

Once again thanks a billion. Very very much appreciated :) I am too a little vary about migrating at the moment. It all of a sudden seems to be working fine, so I'll hang on for now, and if need be will do as suggested. Thank you!

I am sorry to keep coming back. Perhaps because it’s my first experience with the iPhone. But need your help please…..!!!

Since last night my phone is frequently not getting connected to the wifi. It keeps on giving me issues like No Network, or Keeps trying to choose the network. I did a lot of secondary research, but no result...I did everything from turning my router and phone off to Resetting Network Settings, Forgetting Network, Using different Wifi’s... In the morning even went to Apple Store and they said it'll need to be restored, I don't want to migrate and not sure how iOS7 will do from whatever I've read so far......

What are my options?

Please advise.

Never imagined will have such a bad experience! I was so glad when I first bought it….L

Thanks a zillion,
iPhoneFreak

Hmm. The only method that I can think of of retaining iOS 6 is to jailbreak it and re-restore it using utilities that requires a jailbreak as you don't have SHSH blobs saved for iOS 6.1.3. I'm not 100% sure if it will do though.

Oops...I'm stranded in the middle of nowhere in that in case. Thank you Sir.

Apple, Inc – Are you listening?….Please help and do something. You are such a great company.

No push notification on Facebook. Have tried all the solutions and basic Setting adjustments that I could after doing some secondary research. Does anyone know a Magical Trick on this one? Please advise.