What's new

First Post - Beginner needs guidance!

Thanks - Just downloaded 2 of them, and it happened smoothly. But is placed in the Playlist only!

Just wondering if now (after downloading) I can connect the phone to my laptop and play it directly from it?

Thanks for all the great inputs. Much much appreciated:)

Thanks - Just downloaded 2 of them, and it happened smoothly. But is placed in the Playlist only!

Just wondering if now (after downloading) I can connect the phone to my laptop and play it directly from it?

Thanks for all the great inputs. Much much appreciated:)
Do you mean can you play the tunes directly from your phone while connected to your computer or play the tunes from your computer?

Sorry should have been more clear!!!

Yes, play the tunes from my computer?

Thanks!

I'm not too sure, what kind of computer do you have? i have a Mac and haven't tried but you would have to transfer them to your computer somehow, if you have a Mac I know that the songs won't go into iTunes.

Hmmm....I don't want to transfer them to my computer. Just want to play it through the comp. Looks like it can't be done. I don't have a MAC.

Thanks much!

Maybe someone else who more up on techy stuff than i am will be able to help you on that one.

Maybe someone else who more up on techy stuff than i am will be able to help you on that one.

No worries...You've been extremely helpful. Delighted to be a part of this Forum. You all make it special. Sorry about any silly questions:)

No worries...You've been extremely helpful. Delighted to be a part of this Forum. You all make it special. Sorry about any silly questions:)
I'm glad you're enjoying the forum, you haven't asked silly questions, we all have to learn these things :)

You're welcome, if there's anything else just ask.

I'm extremely thankful. To be honest have been reading a lot on iPhone 4 - my recent acquisition - 2 things that have been bothering me a lot are:

WiFi connectivity - Have tried 8.8.8.8 methodology etc, but don't seem to be satisfied - Any advise you can give me to counter it?
Battery - I do close all the apps but is draining quite a bit even with say normal usage - Is this normal?

Thanks a zillion!!!

I'm not sure on the question on wifi, you could try typing that into the search bar, maybe someone has asked this before, as for battery again try search, also check things like your brightness settings, this is something that can gobble up battery power, i keep mine quite low, internet use will also use more battery, some like to calibrate their battery, again type that into the search bar and see what others have said.

I'm not sure on the question on wifi, you could try typing that into the search bar, maybe someone has asked this before, as for battery again try search, also check things like your brightness settings, this is something that can gobble up battery power, i keep mine quite low, internet use will also use more battery, some like to calibrate their battery, again type that into the search bar and see what others have said.

Sure, will do! Thanks much!

We are always happy to help but sometimes you can get the quick answer by looking in search, most questions have been asked before at some point.

Most music direct download apps from the AppStore has their media stored on a separate directory that would either need a special method of extraction or has no method of extraction at all (depends on whether you're jailbroken or not in some cases).

Since they are technically legal downloads, you should be able to extract them through a backup extractor of some sort. As for playing them directly, unless you've rooted your device and routed yourself to the directory of the media, you probably won't be able to play it directly on your computer from your phone unless Airplay works for the app.

As per the battery issue, it's actually detrimental to close all apps through the multi tasking bar, as in most cases, it actually takes less juice to sustain the applications in the background, than it does to start up the application. iOS by default as excellent resource management, so it's not entirely necessary to close out apps. If you feel that you won't be using a specific app again for an extended period of time, then closing it out wouldn't hurt at all.

And as @PoisonIvy has said, try calibrating the battery and fidgeting around with your settings to see if the problem persists. If it does, it's recommended that you possibly restore your device and see if the issue is fixed. I've actually just restored my device last night and the ~5% drain overnight is now the usual ~1%, so that's always a possibility.

For Wifi connectivity, try 8.8.4.4, which apparently is an alternative for 8.8.8.8. But overall, it's not a long term fix for the issue, more of an "applying a bandaid" to the situation. If the problem persists, you might want to consider a visit to the Genius Bar and see if it's a hiccup with the software or possibly the hardware of the device through a diagnosis.