What's new

Firmware issue

Kester

Reaction score
I restored my iPhone 13 Pro Max . Now am trying to install the firmware but it says that it is not compatible only 12pro max works on it

Where did you get the firmware? Are you restoring it while connected to iTunes on a windows PC or Finder on a Mac?

Welcome to iPhone Forums!

After restoring, you don‘t have to install the firmware manually. Usually, the iPhone either downloads an update on its own, or iTunes on a computer does this, if you choose to go this way.

If you‘re trying to download the wrong iOS version via iTunes, your computer will “tell” you that this device is not eligible for the requested build. The only versions you can install at the moment, are iOS 16.2 and 16.3.

Where did you get the firmware? Are you restoring it while connected to iTunes on a windows PC or Finder on a Mac?
I got the firmware from Ipsw.me.
And I use Mac to update it

I got the firmware from Ipsw.me.
And I use Mac to update it

That explains it. You used a version meant for the iPhone 12pro max. Letting the update and restore proceed through iTunes or on the iPhone itself as J. A. Suggests would avoid the problem of incompatible firmware being used.

That explains it. You used a version meant for the iPhone 12pro max. Letting the update and restore proceed through iTunes or on the iPhone itself as J. A. Suggests would avoid the problem of incompatible firmware being used.
How do I change this now ? Because even my model is identified as 12pro max?

So you own an iPhone 12 Pro Max, instead of the iPhone 13 Pro Max.
There‘s no way to change this.

So trying to install the update showed the correct model, it seems.