What's new

Fingerprint scanner

Steveohim

Reaction score
Is it me or does the fingerprint scanner only work about 10% of the time?when I first got the phone it was ok but it's starting to work less and less.anyone else having the same problem ?

Sometimes mine works great, then other times I have to use another one of the fingers I have saved. Also, if my fingers are wet, dirty, or hot from water (dishes, hot tub, etc) then it doesn't work at all.

Mine is now doing the same thing. I'm so frustrated with it. What's the point of using it if it never works. It's faster using slide to unlock & typing in my passcode. :(

I've only just set up Touch ID on my iPhone, but it's working perfectly for me, taking less than a second to unlock my phone.

The best and quickest way to use touch ID is to lightly touch your finger on the home button for a millisecond and then press down on the button and immediately let go. It unlocks immediately. No extra second of waiting. Touch ID knows your finger is on the button, even if you don't depress or push down on the button.

Takes me less then a second to unlock. Flawless and works everytime.

Mine worked flawlessly up until this week. Now it doesn't work right no matter how I touch it. It definitely shouldn't do this.

Mine worked flawlessly up until this week. Now it doesn't work right no matter how I touch it. It definitely shouldn't do this.
You're right - it definitely shouldn't do this. In another thread you also posted that you're having heat issues. I suggest that it's time to pursue a warranty repair. Apple will stand behind their product. Let them.

Mine hardly work at all now,stupid gimmick from Apple if u ask me

You're right - it definitely shouldn't do this. In another thread you also posted that you're having heat issues. I suggest that it's time to pursue a warranty repair. Apple will stand behind their product. Let them.

Ok, I deleted my fingerprint and redid it & it seems to be ok now. Guess if it starts happening I'll just redo it again. I also solved the overheating slow charging issue. It only does it on one of my usb ports on my computer. So, it must be my computer. Plugging it into the wall has never had a problem.