What's new

Find my iphone question

clev

Reaction score
My wife and I both have ip 4's and have installed the Find My iPhone app. When we attempt to locate each others phone for practice, the location icon displays on a map and is at least a mile from our current location. As such, it's useless if our phone is lost or stolen. How can that be corrected?

You need a fair 3G signal for it to be accurate. Wifi isn't always that great. Also sometimes it can take a while for it to 'lock in' your exact location...

The gps in the ihpone4 has a range accuracy of +- 66m. I see it stated in another app (Take me to my car). It shows that I am 43 m from my car (actaully it is my phone). My Garmin GPS has accuracy of 30 m. Using Find my phone, I can see my phone is in a house across the street, about 20 m away. So, 1 mile is way out.

We have excellent signal, all bars, both in 3G and WiFi. I've tried both networks and both iphones show up at the same location on the map, both map and satellite, about 1.5 miles from our location. I guess I'll have to call Apple.