What's new

Find My iPhone...Or iPod touch, Or iPad, Goes Free

PhilSynowiec

iPhoneForums.net News Team
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7notfnBQhQ]YouTube - Find My iPhone...Or iPod touch, Or iPad, Goes Free - iOS Vlog 204[/ame]​

Find My iPhone was released in iOS 3, known back then as Firmware 3.0, and you needed a MobileMe account to use it. Now there is nothing wrong with MobileMe(to my knowledge) but I just didn't really need it. So many great apps out on the App Store that can do the same as MobileMe... even better in Cydia.

Now that you got your rant and history lesson, Find My iPhone is now free for everyone who owns an iPhone 4+, iPod Touch 4+, or iPad 1G+ running iOS 4.2 and above. You can now track where you devices are, whether you want to sneak your extra iPod Touch in your wifes purse to see if shes really taking the kids to soccer, or just to find your lost device. It is all free now and it should have been like that in the first place. Apple charging your for MobileMe to find a device you bought from them and cherish.... customer care? Blah.

Mobile me was only good for that reason lol now it's lost that as well, good move apple this feature will be very handy

Now i understand why its free! They charge for this? Really?

Now i understand why its free! They charge for this? Really?

No not any more, you used to have to pay for mobile me but with this new firmware you don't pay a cent, the app has always been free though in app store

edit>

this is pretty sweet, log in from the web site and have full control of the phone :D saves you ringing it when you forget where you left the phone.

Last edited: