What's new

File Manager for iPhone on iOS 11.3?

heknad21

Reaction score
I do not think that there is any way to access system files, as that could jeopardise security. Whether you can as a developer, I have no idea, but again I would think unlikely.

The main purpose of these file manager apps is to install apps that Apple would not approve of, such as pirated apps.
It would also be possible to delete necessary files, rendering the device unusable.

I use iFile. and totally happy with it
You are compromising iOS security by using such unofficial file manager apps. As I said in my previous post, it's possible to delete or modify necessary system files with apps like this, rendering your device useless.

You are compromising iOS security by using such unofficial file manager apps.

IFile, by Darkness Productions, is listed on the app store and seems to be much like File Browser and hence, I assume, will not touch system files, etc. (I have not tried it, although there is a free version listed.)

IFile, by Darkness Productions, is listed on the app store and seems to be much like File Browser and hence, I assume, will not touch system files, etc. (I have not tried it, although there is a free version listed.)
I was thinking of the app for jailbroken devices, which can also be sideloaded on non-jailbroken devices. That version would not be subject to any App Store review process.

I use FileBrowser app by Stratospherix. It allows me to connect via SMB to any attached network computer and transfer files from non-apple systems to my iPhone or vice versa. Also handy substitute for air drop if the destination device is out of range.