What's new

few questions for 3g

pistol44

Reaction score
Pls excuse my ignorance!!

Just picked up 3g. It had 4.2.1 on it. I downgraded to 3.1.3 and then jailbroke it. It has 5.14.04 on it too.

So my question is:

1. Is this the best set up?
2. should i put 4.1 on it?
3. Is 5.14.04 the best for me?

Thx for any replies!

P

Welcome,

I would advise to stay on 3.1.3 as iOS 4 can be very slow/laggy on a 3G but it's up to you. Apple have continued to support the 3G up to 4.2.1 so they obviously feel the 3G can handle it. The good thing about the 3G is that it's very easy to up/downgrade firmwares. Also you can make it run abit faster by turning off spotlight search and deleting language packs.

You baseband doesnt really matter unless your concerned with unlocking. If you want to unlock you can upgrade your baseband to the iPad one but this can cause problems with the gps and also makes it slightly more difficult to downgrade firmwares...

thx very much!

turning off spotlight search and deleting language packs. (how to do this)

Spotlight search can be turned off in settings by unchecking everything that it would normally search for.

Language packs are a little more difficult. You need to jailbreak your phone first to acsess the root folder of the phone then find the language packs and removethe ones that you don't need. When you come do to it post back and I'll try help you abit better or do a quick search on google for deleting them...