What's new

Fake Apple Emails

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just to warn our members that fake emails purporting to be from Apple are doing the rounds again, I got one today, Tell tale signs are bad spelling and of course you can check just where it came from, Don't click on any links and delete the Emails.
Mine told me there was fraudulent activity on my account and to avoid my account being frozen i should click on the link......

In the past, I've received this type of email purporting to come from PayPal as well.

Also, the fake Apple emails will begin with "Dear customer" or some such. Apple will always use your first name - which the scammers/spammers don't do. If it doesn't begin with "Dear (your first name)", it should be considered fake until proven otherwise.

Also, the fake Apple emails will begin with "Dear customer" or some such. Apple will always use your first name - which the scammers/spammers don't do. If it doesn't begin with "Dear (your first name)", it should be considered fake until proven otherwise.
Good point Ard, Mine began with Dear Client.

I have had one or two that began Dear Apple customer but on the whole they used my first name or first and last.

I have had one or two that began Dear Apple customer but on the whole they used my first name or first and last.
Hmm.. never saw that before - every email that I've ever received from Apple began with my first name and I'm told that is Apple's standard operating procedure.

Hmm.. never saw that before - every email that I've ever received from Apple began with my first name and I'm told that is Apple's standard operating procedure.
I think I have the answer to that, The ones that began Dear Apple customer were automated emails asking for feedback after getting help.

Last edited:
Yep! I get Apple, PayPal, FedEx, Verizon and about 15 people each day who want to give me Millions of $$. And all I have to do is give them all my personal info. What a deal! :D

Yep! I get Apple, PayPal, FedEx, Verizon and about 15 people each day who want to give me Millions of $$. And all I have to do is give them all my personal info. What a deal! :D
Wonderful lol, I often get an email from this poor soul who was mugged on holiday and can't pay her hotel bill, Thing is the poor soul gets mugged an average of once a week ;)

Most of the get rich quick schemes for me seem to come from some Nigerian Prince - hard to believe he has so much money.

Most of the get rich quick schemes for me seem to come from some Nigerian Prince - hard to believe he has so much money.
I can't believe people fall for these scams but they do.