What's new

Beware Fake PayPal Emails...

iGaz

Reaction score
I just got an email made to look like it was from PayPal telling me that restrictions had been placed on my account. It asked me to log into my account to resolve the problem so I clicked the link which redirected me to a very real looking PayPal home page. It is not the real PayPal website which is easily noticeable by the web address you get directed to.

Here's a couple of snapshots...

eed58573.jpg

303fc1dd.jpg

You can forward these emails to paypal. The address is
[email protected]. Or phone paypal to clarify it's not them. I had the same thing using gumtree and was told by paypal to email it to them to investigate. I suggest you do that, then it's saves decent people being scammed.

Thanks for that! those nigerian scammers really hit the jackpot with these scams as so many fall for it

Got another one today reminding my that my account is still restricted...

I didn't get that far. Lol. I imagined they would ask for that as some point. I just seen the dodgy looking web address and stopped there...

Unleashed said:
Thanks for that! those nigerian scammers really hit the jackpot with these scams as so many fall for it

Very True mine was a Nigerian scam. They left there address on it which I google mapped to Nigeria. I then spotted the nearest take away bar and ordered take sways to that address for a week with cash on delivery. I'm hoping they got a bag load of trash and had to pay. Messed with the wrong guy! Lol

Unleashed said:

Very True mine was a Nigerian scam. They left there address on it which I google mapped to Nigeria. I then spotted the nearest take away bar and ordered take sways to that address for a week with cash on delivery. I'm hoping they got a bag load of trash and had to pay. Messed with the wrong guy! Lol

lol nicely done! couldent have done it better myself :D I wish I thought of that as well to do it, I just waste their time and pretend i am falling for it

You can forward these emails to paypal. The address is
[email protected]. Or phone paypal to clarify it's not them. I had the same thing using gumtree and was told by paypal to email it to them to investigate. I suggest you do that, then it's saves decent people being scammed.
Twice I have had similiar emails. I called PayPal to verify and found the original emails to be bogus. I also sent PayPal a copy of the email for them to chase down the bad people. I guess the bad people got tired of trying to get information from me because I have not had another bogus email for over two years. :>)

bc