What's new

Factory Locked?

keersee

Reaction score
is it the factory locked , can be jailbroken???

what will be the consequence?? is there will be a problem when the iphone4 factory locked will be jailbroken???

There's plenty of factory unlocked phone out there that have been jailbroken. It's just the same as locked phones. Alot of people jailbreak just for the unlock. Of course you won't need the unlock if you've got a factory unlocked phone.

ofc they can, any iphone can be jbroken locked or unlocked, that has nothing to do with the jb...

mine is factory unlocked and jailbroken..

ofc they can, any iphone can be jbroken locked or unlocked, that has nothing to do with the jb...

O.K. I walked into an AT&T store and bought my phone there. Could I have asked the sales representative there to unlock my phone?

Personally, I think you would have to order it from Apple or go into an Apple store and ask them to unlock it? Can you use that phone then and chose your provider. The way I see it right now is that Apple has a contract with AT&T. But I also heard that it may be Verizon in the future. Please answer my questions about how to get an iphone "factory unlocked and jailbroken." Those two go together right? Unlocked and jailbroken is the same thing, correct? Thanks.

O.K. I walked into an AT&T store and bought my phone there. Could I have asked the sales representative there to unlock my phone?

Personally, I think you would have to order it from Apple or go into an Apple store and ask them to unlock it? Can you use that phone then and chose your provider. The way I see it right now is that Apple has a contract with AT&T. But I also heard that it may be Verizon in the future. Please answer my questions about how to get an iphone "factory unlocked and jailbroken." Those two go together right? Unlocked and jailbroken is the same thing, correct? Thanks.

oh you got it from att. well in america you cant get them factory unlocked its locked to att no matter even if you go to apple. i dont think they do an unlock service its att or nothing.. officially any way. Verizon rumours i cant answer that, no one can there are just rumours atm and guesses but the ipad just got verizon dident it, so its likely we will see it for iphone too.

factory unlocked means the iphone comes from apple unlocked and it never locks.. unlocked and jailbroken is usually when some one has jailbroken then used ultrasn0w to unlock which apple does not like that at all or the jailbreak. but the factory unlocked you can jailbreak if you want but you wont ever need to if you dont want..

hope that makes sense, im so tired its 3am... im off to bed.. :) goodnight

oh you got it from att. well in america you cant get them factory unlocked its locked to att no matter even if you go to apple. i dont think they do an unlock service its att or nothing.. officially any way. Verizon rumours i cant answer that, no one can there are just rumours atm and guesses but the ipad just got verizon dident it, so its likely we will see it for iphone too.

factory unlocked means the iphone comes from apple unlocked and it never locks.. unlocked and jailbroken is usually when some one has jailbroken then used ultrasn0w to unlock which apple does not like that at all or the jailbreak. but the factory unlocked you can jailbreak if you want but you wont ever need to if you dont want..

Thanks for the quick answer. I am beginning to get it that they can't be factory unlocked in America. Good to know. I forgot, there are other people from all over the world talking about the iphone. If you can be so kind after you get some rest and just explain each word individually.
Unlocked - What does it do? You say it never locks??? What are the benefits?
Jailbroken - Is that the illegal part, that you "jailbreak" to unlock? You unlock it in order to be "free" and can buy whatever you want for apps, browser, or what else?????? Yes, stupid questions to all the jailbreakers but not to a person who heard about this the very first time, I became a member of this board. Thanks...and have a good nights sleep.

Factory unlocked means it will allways be unlocked to any network no matter what.

Jailbroken means you can, amongst many other things, install apps that apple would never allow. You can also install ultrasnow to unlock your phone. Currently there isn't an unlock for the current update or baseband. You can't unlock you phone without jailbreaking it first.

Unlocked means it has been unlocked using ultrasnow after being jailbroken. Everytime you upgrade through iTunes you will loose the jailbreak and unlock so will have to start again. The problem is there isn't always an unlock available for evey new update. So if your not careful and rely on an unlock then you've got yourself an expensive iPod touch. Meaning you can use all functions of the phone except the phoning part unless you use the correct sim. In your case AT&T...

Thanks for the quick answer. I am beginning to get it that they can't be factory unlocked in America. Good to know. I forgot, there are other people from all over the world talking about the iphone. If you can be so kind after you get some rest and just explain each word individually.
Unlocked - What does it do? You say it never locks??? What are the benefits?
Jailbroken - Is that the illegal part, that you "jailbreak" to unlock? You unlock it in order to be "free" and can buy whatever you want for apps, browser, or what else?????? Yes, stupid questions to all the jailbreakers but not to a person who heard about this the very first time, I became a member of this board. Thanks...and have a good nights sleep.

well i answered you question in another post just now but just to confirm..
in america they locked to att but you can get them factory unlocked in canada.. but you said your in a 2 year contract with att so the only real benefit is if you plan to use more then one sim card, for me i travel a lot to other countries so i like being able to use other sim cards.... so i can basically upgrade firmware all i want with out the phone locking and use any sim..

but as i said you dont need unlock you use att so only if you need to use another sim use unlock, i think in canada they have them sim free though..

jailbreaking is legal in the usa by the way, but apple still dont like it and will never officially allow it for some reason which they lie about so who knows the real reason?

but yeah gaz explained it very well in the previous post :)

Thanks again for answering it twice. It is very much appreciated. I am beginning to understand it more and more.

if the phone if factory unlocked , and i want to jailbreak it? is it possible to unjail it if i want to be restore in its original or they called that original factory setting??

how? and theres any option in the iphone 4 to restore to its original factory setting ... i mean good as new???

i heard someone say i should back up??? i dont know what they are talking about???

can anyone help me on this??

if you want to lose the jailbreak you just restore ( you lose all your files and settings) thats why they say backup. but if there is new firmware and you use upgrade feature then you dont lose any files or anything and you still lose the jailbreak..