What's new

Facetime

brmbjn

Reaction score
Apple give feature facetime but every i want to use, i must find free hotspot!!!! It is not functionable ?? If it not jailbreak iphone, iphone can't use facetime

Apple give feature facetime but every i want to use, i must find free hotspot!!!! It is not functionable ?? If it not jailbreak iphone, iphone can't use facetime

iPhone can only use FaceTime through wifi unless jail broke. If as you say you're not jail broke then unfortunately you must be in a wifi location.

iHolophyte

I think i want change to android phone with skype , because facetime apple not good app. Cant use over 3G.

why not just jailbreak then?

Well, for someone like me, if Verizon (my provider) discovers that I've jailbroken my phone, they can and probably will invalidate my contract with them. Since I have a service offered through them that they no longer offer - unlimited data - I'm not going to risk losing that by jailbreaking. Could I go to another provider for that service, like Sprint? Yes, but it would be a huge hassle, and besides, my out-of-town parents also have Verizon service, which means I can call them anytime without being charged minutes to my phone.

I just use Skype for video calls. It's a bit choppy on 3G, but it's sufficient when I'm not in hotspot territory.

Last edited:
Jailbreaking is legal.

The networks are not happy because they are afraid customers will use a tweak to tether their iPhone to a mac , pc or laptop hence swamping their data streams.

Jailbreaking is legal.

The networks are not happy because they are afraid customers will use a tweak to tether their iPhone to a mac , pc or laptop hence swamping their data streams.

And will eventually happen unless networks sit down and realise what they charge for data and why we JB.

iHolophyte

Well, for someone like me, if Verizon (my provider) discovers that I've jailbroken my phone, they can and probably will invalidate my contract with them. Since I have a service offered through them that they no longer offer - unlimited data - I'm not going to risk losing that by jailbreaking. Could I go to another provider for that service, like Sprint? Yes, but it would be a huge hassle, and besides, my out-of-town parents also have Verizon service, which means I can call them anytime without being charged minutes to my phone.

I just use Skype for video calls. It's a bit choppy on 3G, but it's sufficient when I'm not in hotspot territory.

I happen to know an old trick to stop Verizon from ever knowing you jailbroke. It works too.

"don't tell them"
&
"restore before taking in for service, or sending back for exchange"

Works every time. (laugh out loud so hard...)

you are not risking "anything" so long as you do those 2 things.lol.

I happen to know an old trick to stop Verizon from ever knowing you jailbroke. It works too.

"don't tell them"
&
"restore before taking in for service, or sending back for exchange"

you are not risking "anything" so long as you do those 2 things.lol.

This is absolutely correct. I had Verizon for years. The last few with rooted Android Phones and a Jailbroken iPhone - The never knew... and I suspect they wouldn't have cared if they did. If you tether and go crazy... they just might say something. My brother plays WoW over his OG Droid (tethered) - he has for over a year now and they have never said anything (he is with Verizon as well). I suspect they don't care - but Zig is right... unless you tell them they have no way of knowing. So don't tell em :)

Take care,
Rob

I've had that unlimited data going on 2 or 2 1/2 years w/ Verizon and so far nothing. Just play it smart and don't tell on yourself.. G/L

Sent from my iPhone 4'es using Tapatalk