What's new

Facebook launches iPhone Messenger App

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
Facebook_Messenger.JPG

Facebook announced today via the Facebook Blog that it has launched a new iPhone app called Messenger, which is designed to simplify how you message your friends and small groups. According to Facebook, the new app ensures that it only takes one click to get to your messages or to send any messages, which are delivered via notifications or texts, so hopefully your friends will get them right away. You can use the app to message any of your friends, and they don’t have to be on Facebook, they only have to be in your phone contacts. Simply type their name to message them from the app, which is basically just an extension of Facebook Messages, and a way of organising all your messages, be they texts, chats, or emails, in one handy place on your mobile. The app also makes it easy to start a group conversation and message everyone at once.

Click here to download the free app, which is currently only available in the US: Facebook Messenger for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

Source: A Faster Way to Message on Mobile | Facebook via 9to5Mac

wow its a great news for me because i love to use facebook everytime and its a good opportunity for all of us

SMS will become more of a quaint thing to do I suppose in the future...